HP-CaVe Platform provides services to the Sorbonne Université research community, academic HPC users, and industry partners throughout a variety of resources such as high performance computing, visualization, data analysis. All persons using this platform resources must read and accept the HPCaVe Policy, and the UPMC IT policy.
The use of HP-CaVe ressources are allocated differently to the users depending on whether they are UPMC-Sorbonne Université or from exterior organizations including private sector:
- For UPMC-Sorbonne Université members , accounts are valid for one year. The access to computing resources are :
- granted and free of charge for up to 35.000h / year, more resources can painlessly be provided with sufficient scientific motivation. A warning message will be sent when quota exceeded 80%
- There is no backups for your data
- For exterior organizations, accounts are valid for one year. Access to computing resources is made possible either on a pay-per-hour policy, or on research contracts. There is no backups for your data. For more information,please refer to the HPCaVe Pricing Table or contact us at email@example.com.
Who can apply for an account ?
HP-CaVe accounts are available for :
- All UPMC and Sorbonne Université faculty, research staff, and graduate students with the approval of their faculty advisor, for the purpose of research.
- Laboratory or research team working on multiple projects requiring such resources.
- Companies, academic/non-academic researchers and engineers are welcome to an account also.
For any questions about qualifying for a HP-CaVe account, please contact the HPCaVe Service Desk.
How to open an account ?
Before applying for an HP-CaVe account, it is important for you to consider the following points:
- Users can subscribe at any time of the year.
- Accounts are granted to UPMC users for one full year max
- CPU quotas are reset every year
- HPCaVe does not provide any back up for your data
- By using HPCaVe services, you commit to abide the HPCaVe usage policies and UPMC I.T. policies
To apply for a HP-CaVe account you will need to print, fulfill and scan this application form and send it back by e-mail to HPCaVe Service Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via the following form. Please note that a 48 hours examination of your request is needed to give you an answer.